As I thought about the intro to our Jenesis Software newsletter this month, I considered what feature of our insurance agency management system I could talk about that I believe is crazy silly to ignore. It took me only a few seconds to decide on the automated text messaging feature. It’s free and simple to set up. You should be text messaging your customers. It can help you retain business, engage those you have quoted, and thank customers for referrals.
I believe you should text your customers for a few reasons:
- Text messaging is the single most used app on a smartphone.
- Text messages have a 98% open rate. 98%!
- Almost all text messages are read in under 4 minutes and many are read within seconds of receiving them.
- It makes contacting your customers easy. Many would rather receive a text these days than a phone call.
- Chances are there is a neighboring insurance agency in your town that texts and their customers like it.
I really could go on and on with pros for texting. Sure, you will have those who do not want to receive texts messages from you and do prefer a call or email. What do you do in this case? You stop texting them. There’s a way to do this in Jenesis Software. My feeling is that every agency should manage automation such as text messaging by the rule, rather than by the exception. Managing by exception is time-consuming and is ineffective.
So, if you are ready to set up your texting campaign in as little as 5 minutes, let’s go. Here’s a link from Cindy, our Jenesis Software Trainer, showing you how: Set Up Jenesis Software Automated Text Messaging
If any comments or questions, please email me at Lisa@jenesissoftware.com. I would love to hear from you! If your insurance agency starts texting because of this blog, let me know!